- Focus — distractions are more common than ever, and more costly than ever
- Patience — which can only be cultivated with focus
- Resisting the urge to generalize — we must learn to love nuance. The problems facing us are complex; easy answers are tempting, but will hurt us deeply if we embrace them
- Flexibility — the world is changing pretty fast; we must adapt with it or risk being left behind
- Avoiding broad proclamations like this one! The future is so uncertain that it doesn’t make sense to box ourselves in at this stage. Be open.
If any of these seem strange or counterintuitive to you, let me know in the comments below and I will explain in a followup post.